Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 08 litre bikes comparison test

08 litre bikes comparison test

Sportrider Comparo

It looks like a good test, fairly detailed and with suggested suspension settings. It could be a good staring point for those with these bikes.

The Final Tally
    With the highest ranking for both street and track, the ZX-10R is the overall victor here. The same characteristics that make it our pick for track work also make it the best bike for a canyon romp, but there are sacrifices for that performance when it comes to bombing around town or taking a longer trip. The Kawasaki's overall performance overshadows the new CBR1000RR's, although there's no denying the second-place Honda was quickest around the racetrack, and that is a significant achievement in its own right. For those who will opine the Honda should have won the test for its lap times, by all means go ahead and base your decision on one lap time by one rider on one day at one track. We'll base ours on hours of street and track riding by the whole staff and the resultant stack of evaluation forms and reams of data.

The problem now, of course, is justifying how the GSX-R1000-such an awesome motorcycle last year-is third-place this year. You could be like Nigel Tufnel in This Is Spinal Tap and rate the Kawasaki and Honda as 11s on a scale of 1-10. Or take a page from Mikolas' book and score them as 10+. In reality we have to re-evaluate the Suzuki's performance and score it appropriately lower than last year. The GSX-R1000 is unchanged from last year and still a fantastic machine; it's just that now there's something more fantasticker. This is the price of progress. And we'll gladly pay it.

Ahhhhh .... I feel much better now
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    "Maybe we shouldn't have bought the termites"

- Noah

Not a fan of sportrider write ups but would be interested to see what they say about those tyres!

Blade looks HOT
    Gix looks like a GS500

Wayne Gardner disagrees. He gave the 'blade the top spot in every category and the ZX10R the lowest of the jap bikes, the only bikes scoring lower than the kwaka were the old RSV1000 from Aprillia and the 1098S because of it's suspension.

At least that's what Rapid bikes reports.
    Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast.

Honda CBR1000RR (Road)
    Suzuki RGV250 (Track)

Different country= different spec bikes.....

Quote Originally Posted by LAW View Post
    Wayne Gardner disagrees. He gave the 'blade the top spot in every category and the ZX10R the lowest of the jap bikes, the only bikes scoring lower than the kwaka were the old RSV1000 from Aprillia and the 1098S because of it's suspension.

At least that's what Rapid bikes reports.
    Maybe a little bias there i think

Quote Originally Posted by SLAC View Post
    Maybe a little bias there i think
    i think you might be right.

I'm not to fussed about the tests I would buy all of them except the Suzuki & all would out perform my skill level.

All round the R1 is dead sexy, the Kawa just needs a aftermarket exhaust & they look great but the front blinkers have to grow on you, the blade I still have issues with the front but it does look better in the flesh than in pics, the suzuki I don't care.
    Turkey Master
    "the surgeon general recommends, before you bitch & complain drink a cup of harden the f##k up"

yep to be unbiased the only thing to do is to own them all
    Duc 848 :dancesmiley:
    Hypermotard!! :crazysmiley:
    Where did all my Money go?
    Drag Elbow!

I love the way the R1's headers hang out the bottom like a big camel toe

Thread Information